Thursday, March 31, 2005

Day 2

Well, so another day is almost passed. I tell myself I'm doing pretty well with not obsessing. But it's only been two days. I've thought about it every minute. I am going to be a big mess by the weekend, I just know it. I don't have my hopes up, but still...

Tina and I finally got the yard work done, or at least most of it. There is some left to be done on Sunday. I want to get a plan together so we can build a little fence around the flower beds in the back yard so the dogs don't get into it. They're getting better about digging, but I'm sure they'll see flowers and think it's lunch.

We had a bad experience yesterday at the clinic we went to in the tri-cities area. I don't want to put too much energy into it, so I'll just say that they wouldn't see us because we're not married. So, I'm on a quest to find a clinic who won't have a problem with us being lesbian. So far, every where I've checked today, it's not a problem...now it's just choosing where to go.

You know, I can hear Tina snoring her head off on the couch, and I just have to say how much I love her. I have never been in a position where someone has the complete power to destroy me. I know she won't and there is a sense of peace that I can't explain. Sure, she drives me nuts, but she also makes my heart sing. I love our house and the life we've built together with the "kids" (our dogs) and how everything everyday just falls into place. I love that she's so good at math (I totally suck at it). It's like walking around with my personal talking calculator. I know that this sounds so corny, but I love that she's been to Yellowstone Park. I know, I'm a dork. I've never been there and still want to go someday. She had to go there every summer as a child and I love hearing those stories. I love to hear of how on her father's farm, when she was a teenager, had to chase the cows to get them back in the pasture and her friends would see she had to do this from the bus. I would have been mortified if I had to go chase cows. She used to have to drive the tractor into town God only knows why and her friends would be hanging out and she'd just wave at 'em...I would have ran away from home if my father wanted me to do that! I just love how she can do something in one hour what would normally take me 5 days to do. I'm a perfectionist so I don't get too far in most things, but she can come in and just do it and it comes out perfect. I love that she's not afraid of mice, and that when we lived in Vegas and I saw one in our kitchen, she didn't hold it against me that I refused to go to that part of the house for about a month. She's my Sugar Monkey, and I adore her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home